Housing Stimulus | Homebuilder
The Federal Government will give eligible Australians $25,000 to build their dream home, in an effort to boost demand in the construction sector and keep builders employed.
- The scheme will give $25,000 grants to eligible homeowners (see criteria below)
- Eligibility to Homebuilder will be be restricted to substantial renovations and the construction of new homes, with recipients required to spend at least $150,000 before being eligible.
- The grants will be means-tested (see below for criteria)
- Owner-occupiers must apply as individuals not a company or trust
- Be over 18 and an Australian Citizen
- Meet income cap (individuals earning, $125,000, couples earning < $200,000
- Spend at least $150,000 on the contracted build
- $25,000 grants to eligible individuals who enter into a building contract between 4/6/2020 and 31/12/2020
- Building a new residence as a principal place of residence valued up to $750,000 including land
- Building work must be undertaken by a licenced builder who cannot be a relative of the property owner.
The Government is requiring that all eligible builders be licensed or registered before the Government's announcement, keeping the timeframe for the scheme to six months, and having tighter eligibility for the program.
The scheme will not apply to investment properties or owners who intend on building or renovating on their own without the help of builders.
Two grants are available to promote investment in the WA residential market and stimulate jobs in the construction industry.
A grant of $20,000 is available for eligible applicants who
- enter into a contract to build a new home on vacant land or
- enter into an off-the-plan contract to purchase a new home as part of a single-tier development on a strata plan or other land survey type.
The contract must be entered into between 4 June 2020 and 31 December 2020.
First Homeowners Grant (WA)
First homebuyers can also access the First Home owner grant of $10,000 in WA
Check out LWP Groups award winning communities
WA State Government grants
Federal Government | Housing Stimulus grant
Helpful tips on buying land
Land for sale | pick your community now
Now really IS the best time to buy a new home in Australia. Choose your community below, then speak to our friendly team to find out how you can get into your dream home. Don't delay!
Our CommunitiesMap view
Homebuilder Housing Stimulus package*
Contact us now about your dream home!
Government grants of uptown $25,000 are available with the Homebuilder housing stimulus package. Grants are means tested. First Homebuyers in WA can also access the First Homeowners grant